- 16MB RAM
- Cirrus 5422 video card
- Connor 120MB IDE HD, Maxtor 540MB SCSI HD (Trentor 130b adapter)
- Pegasus 14.4 external Modem
- Pro Audio Spectrum 16
- NEC-25 external CD-ROM
- Colorado 120MB tape backup drive
- 2 Teac Drives (3.5/5.25)
- HP Deskjet 550C
- "Power II" Monitor (generic Sony)
Software I run:
- OS/2 Warp for Windows
- Norton commander
- WordPerfect 6.0a
- Kinemage (protein display program)
- EMX GCC 0.9a
- IAK using slip and PPP
- My research
- SeaHaven Towers (card game)
- scrutil (screen saver)
- Alarm (from OS/2 2.1 -- does cron jobs)
- Sytos Premium
- PIG (personal inventory gatherer)
- AmiPro 3.0, 3.0a, 3.0b (all installed, all suck -- use WordPerfect)
- PMJpeg (soon PMView)
- Scrap (IBM EWS screen capture)
- GhostView and GhostScript
- Faxworks, Person 2 Person, IBM Works (bonus pack)
Software I have had problems with:
- IAK has problems at 14.4 since I don't have a 16550 UART. Solution: (weird,
but) don't use the mouse while downloading. The mouse uses the same UART as
the modem. The keyboard does not cause errors, just mouse movements.
- Nearly every DOS game that uses dos4g.exe does not get sound.
- NeuralWorks (neural network software from Kosto "Neural Networks and Fuzzy
- My Windows NT demo CD-ROM.
- The PAS-16 uses a generic trentor scsi adaptor. The Trentor 130B is not
supported. OS/2 demands to install using the PAS-16, even though the CD-ROM in
on the Trentor SCSI card.
Fix: change the installation disk 1 to only load the trentor scsi driver.
After rebooting, change the config.sys to only install the trentor scsi driver.
Return to Systems index
Return to TAMU OS/2 Users Group home page