- P5-90 (no FPU error) overclocked to 100 MHz.
- Random Taiwanese motherboard.
CIS chipset, AMI bios, 3 PCI slots, 4 ISA slots.
EIDE controller, 2 serial, 1 parallel, on board.
- 32MB RAM (16x2).
- ATI Win-turbo PCI video card.
(This is an OEM version of the Mach 64 Pro Turbo, however
the 2 Meg VRAM cannot be upgraded to 4.)
- Adaptek 2940 PCI SCSI-2 controller
- Micropolis MC4221 2Gig SCSI HD
- Old 500MB Fugitsu (non-enhanced) IDE Hard Disk.
- Intel 144i internal modem.
- Sound Blaster 16 ASP.
- NEC 4FGe 15" monitor.
- HP Laserjet 4P printer.
Software I run:
- OS/2 Warp v3 Fullpack.
- ATI v1.54 video drivers (actually better than the drivers
that came with warp, if you can believe that!)
- OS/2 progs:
- Object Desktop
- NPS WPS enhancer
- WPcls-1.37 WPS class
- Zoc 2.11
- emTeX + pmTeX
- Lotus SmartSuite for OS/2 (mainly for AmiSlow)
- Backmaster 1.1
- MKS toolkit for OS/2
- ZipControl 2.1.9
- PM View
- PM Jpeg
- Windog programs:
- Quicken v3
- Turbo-Tax, once each year
- DOS programs:
(all of which run great under OS/2)
- Chuck Yeager's Air Combat
- Doom 1.1
Software I have had problems with:
- Arts and Letters for Windog
Would not install.
- Warp IAK NewsReader/2 and Gopher
These would not run, no matter what I did, until a fairly
recent release. Now there is no problem. The rest of the
IAK runs flawlessly.
None with the Mach64, however
I used to have a Mach32 (ATI Graphics Ultra Pro) and
I found the ATI Mach32 drivers to be exceedingly
The NEC allows 1024x768 at 76 Hz which is real nice,
but I am not otherwise impressed with the NEC. It has
distorted edges along the top centimeter. I would not
George R. Welch
Return to Systems index
Return to TAMU OS/2 Users Group home page